|DISTRICT NEWS, Ascension Parish Schools Teacher Job Fair - 2015.06.04Thursday, June 4, 2015
8 AM – 1 PM
**Must arrive no later than 8:15 AM to participate.**
DUTCHTOWN HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASIUM
13165 HIGHWAY 73 * GEISMAR, LOUISIANA
Introducing our new online scheduling!! Apply by visiting:
**Please limit interviews to a maximum of five.**
- Complete application
- Attach required documents (Praxis scores, certificate, acceptance letter into alternate certification program, transcripts).
- Schedule interviews
- Print schedule (as admission ticket)
|DISTRICT NEWS, Budget Plan Invests in Student Growth & Technology - 2015.05.28This week, Ascension Public Schools released its operating budget plan for the 2015-2016 Fiscal Year. The $300 million budget includes new investments in technology, construction projects and projected student growth. The plan is available for public review at www.apsb.org prior to adoption by the Ascension Parish School Board on June 16, 2015.
"I am immensely proud of the work that goes into this annual budget plan as strong fiscal responsibility is a crucial component of our success. Last year's operating plan won the Government Finance Officers Association's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award and led to achieving a AA Stable bond rating," said Superintendent Patrice Pujol.
"We continually strive to not only be good stewards of taxpayer investments, but also to strategically invest in programs that provide safe and academically robust environments for our ever-changing population," said Pujol.
STUDENT GROWTH & ACADEMIC INVESTMENTS
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Ascension Parish is the 74th fastest-growing parish or county in the United States. The new budget adds 10 new teaching positions in anticipation of student enrollment increases of two to three percent (between 350 and 600 students).
Additional new academic investments include the following:
- Expanding the System for Teacher and Student Advancement program (TAP) into two additional schools; (In April, Pecan Grove Primary won the prestigious, national TAP Founder's Award for its turnaround efforts.)
- Increasing the number of career coaches to expand career guidance to all middle and high school students;
- Increasing funds available for classroom supplies in response to a recent employee satisfaction survey; and
- Beginning an alternative certification program for teachers (Teach Ascension) with a $65,000 state grant.
TECHNOLOGY & INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENTS
Ascension Public Schools lead the state in efforts to integrate technology into the curriculum. This work directly correlates to the mission of "every child successful in an ever-changing world." The new budget plan expands the One-to-One technology program to fifth grade students for a grand total of 17,000 devices parish-wide. This fall, every fifth grade through twelfth grade student will have a mobile computing device. This will also free up additional computers to be used in fourth grade classrooms.
Additional technology and infrastructure investments include:
- Upgrading the computer network (funded in part by a $2.1 million federal grant);
- Purchasing 10 new school buses; and
- Purchasing back-up cameras for school buses.
CONSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL MAINTENANCE INVESTMENTS
In 2009, Ascension Parish voters approved a $100 million bond issue to fund 57 major capital (construction) projects. To date, 41 projects have been completed, six projects are currently under construction, five projects have been initiated and an additional five projects are on hold.
The new budget plans for $34 million to be spent on 22 projects at 15 campuses, including the following:
- New classrooms at APPLe Digital Academy;
- New library and athletic facilities at Donaldsonville High;
- Phase 1 of a new freshman academy and athletic facilities at Dutchtown High, East Ascension High and St. Amant High;
- Classroom additions, improved parking and a new entry at Gonzales Middle;
- New classrooms at Gonzales Primary;
- Library and kitchen expansions at Lake Elementary;
- Expanded parking and canopies at Lowery Middle and Elementary;
- Office renovations at Oak Grove Primary;
- New school buildings at Prairieville Middle; and
- Classroom lock upgrades parish-wide.
|FREE HOMEWORK HELP - 2015.02.18HomeworkLouisiana offers FREE online tutoring and academic resources from Tutor.com for Louisiana residents from kindergarten students through adult learners. Get help in math, science, social studies or English from a live tutor. The services can be accessed from a Louisiana public library, from your home computer or from your mobile device.
From this website, you may also create an account (optional) that will allow you to use the Tutor.com To Go app, which is found in Absolute Apps on the student iPads. This option will also allow you to save any questions/answers/help you receive on this website, allowing you to refer to it in the future. Click on the following link: http://homeworkla.org/